1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most idiotic parent ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Apr 24, 2007.

1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

That kid got.... JACKED UP!!

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Wonder what Dusty Baker thinks about this?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Caden's father appears to be all burned up with remorse, making the moronic Harry Potter joke. ::) ::)

Very few things piss me off more than lazy-ass imbecile parents allowing their kids into mortal danger.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Yes, you don't use common sense when factoring in your kid's safety?
    You need a refresher course in brains.

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

He almost got knocked the F*** out! Give me that chain.

Poor kid, I;m sure he was scared shitless. Jesus, this will probably scare him off football and go play soccer. Shit.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The last few seconds of the video flash over ANOTHER kid -- a little girl, it looked like -- on the sidelines as well. :eek:

If I'm Colorado State's AD (or any other football-playing institution anywhere), as soon as I get off the phone from the ear-blistering calls from my insurance carrier and my legal counsel, I send down an Order From God: Nobody under 12 on the sidelines. At all. Ever.

Make it so.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't. At a game, I'm guessing there would always be a parent who could try to shield their children from a foul ball coming there way.

Which brings me to this Colorado State footage. There are five people in the screen when the player collides with the kid -- two football players, two children and one cameraman. No parents. And with the teams running plays at that end of the field, you have to be extra alert, knowing the action is coming your way.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Markvid -- there is a difference between common sense and being ridiculous.

And if you are telling me you won't take your kids to a game with tickets on the first base line because you are protecting them from a foul ball, I'm going to assume you don't allow them to ride bikes, skateboard, climb trees, have a pair of heelys, play any contact sport etc., etc. because you are afraid they might get hurt.

My son broke his arm last year because he fell off the monkey bars at school -- does that make me a bad parent for letting him get on the monkey bars and the teachers bad teachers for letting him fall?

That's a joke.

There are risks in life and some times accidents happen -- not because a parent is negligent or a bad parent but because accidents happen.

If anything Colorado State will reconsider allowing kids to catch passes in the endzone.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Ridiculous, irresponsible parenting, no doubt. Kid should have at least been decked out in pads and a helmet.

Seriously, though, bad judgment to have the kid down there.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That doesn't even come close to "most idiotic parent ever"

I mean, it's not exactly something you'd want to emulate but hell, it's not even in a top ten

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

To further buttress your point, getting stitches is hardly "being wheeled into surgery."

Surgery is being cut into by a doctor. Getting stitches is having a cut closed. Just about every kid in America has gotten stitches or -- as I once got a few years back for a scalp laceration -- staples. Staples in the head are a lot of fun, by the way.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Zags, I see what you mean, but there is a difference between putting your kid in a dangerous situation and letting them do normal stuff.
    Let them ride a bike? Absolutely. Would you let them ride it on the berm of a busy road? No.

Also, when I said a refresher course in brains, didn't mean you. Sorry if it came out that way.

Draft saved Draft deleted