1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most idiotic parent ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Apr 24, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://www.break.com/index/football_player_runs_into_kid.html

Kind of disturbing, especially if you are a parent.

For what reason his father let him on the field, I'll never know.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I don't know, I read the other day about a soccer mom who left her daughter on the side of the highway because she had a bad game.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Sure, a kid that young probably shouldn't have been out there, but he was probably more scared than anything.

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Especially when they wheeled him into surgery.

FORT COLLINS, Colo. (CBS/AP) -- A 4-year-old boy was recovering from a deep cut to his head after Colorado State wide receiver George Hill collided with him during CSU's spring game.

Hill was catching a touchdown pass when his momentum carried him into Caden Thomas on the sidelines Saturday. Caden was among several kids playing on the sidelines as part of a kids' festival at Hughes Stadium, said Caden's father, Mike Thomas.

Neurological exams were normal, so the family opted to take Caden to the hospital on their own after he was initially treated by CSU trainer Terry DeZeeuw and team doctor Sean Grey, Mike Thomas said.

"It was kind of scary," Caden said.

The boy had surgery to stitch up the cut. Tests showed no skull fracture or other trauma, and he was released from the hospital Saturday night, the Fort Collins Coloradoan reported.

"He will have a scar to rival Harry Potter," Caden's father, Mike, told the newspaper.

Caden got a signed CSU football and a call from coach Sonny Lubick on Sunday.

"We had a nice little talk and he had a nice little talk with Caden," Mike Thomas told the newspaper. "I imagine there were 3,000 to 4,000 people there who want to know how he is doing."

5. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Whew. I'm just relieved it didn't turn out to be a thread about me.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

You didn't have to be an asshole, you could've simply pointed that out.

I didn't see the story.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Day ain't over yet... ;D

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I love in the other AP story the quote from the kid...
    "It kind of hurted."

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I know parent-bashing has become a cottage industry here and among the media who are worn down from idiot prep parents, but this is kind of silly to blame the parent. The kids were playing in the endzone, they were obviously allowed to be there and I'm guessing have been there many times.

This was an accident, not a cause for the child protection agency to get involved and investigate neglect on the part of the parents. Accidents do happen.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Just because they were allowed to be there, doesn't mean you should.
    I would never put my kids in that position to get hurt.
    Just like you never, ever sit a kid at a baseball game where they can get hit by a line drive foul.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or are there no adults in the screen when the player collides with the kid?

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

So now it constitutes bad parenting if you buy tickets on the third base or first base line?

Again, give the guy a break. That's ridiculous.

Draft saved Draft deleted