1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most hopeless pro franchises

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark2010, Apr 27, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Again, that is not evidence. And the fact that the tendinitis was in the first week of spring training is meaningless. He has had problems with tendinitis in that knee off and on for a long time.

As I said, if guys break down too early, the accusations fly. If they hold up too long, the accusations fly. Basically, if you are good and you played baseball any time in the last 20 years, you are guilty until proven innocent in the eyes of some -- and those some being the people who like to talk without actual evidence.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I am not his physician. I don't have evidence. And this isn't a court of law.

3. outofplace

True, but I can still point out that the accusation is baseless bullshit, as I do pretty consistently when those accusations are tossed around with no evidence.

The criteria people use to base accusations of steroid use on are weak and often contradictory. I'm not going to stop calling bullshit when it happens.

4. Herbert Anchovy

So his hip falls apart and then his patella has the equivalent of a tactical nuke go off inside it, and this is a normal course of wear and tear for an elite-level athlete playing a non-contact sport.

5. That picture doesn't make me feel much better about the Jays' future, and I think our GM is an incompetent fool. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I've started to get into soccer mainly because the Jays have now failed to make it to Opening Day without a shred of hope three years running.

6. outofplace

Injuries prove nothing. Steroids can lead to ligament issues, but they also help the body recover, which helps to avoid injuries.

The point is, some people will argue that being too durable for too long is evidence of steroid use. Others argue that having too many injuries is proof. If you can use both as "evidence," that evidence becomes meaningless.

7. Herbert Anchovy

You are being a naive young fool about this.

Draft saved Draft deleted