1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Most hated" company in America

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Jul 11, 2011.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Every time I listen to WTOP and hear about another week-long Pepco outage, I praise the Lord that I don't live in Maryland or D.C.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Do a lot of work in the oil business, buddy? I didn't think so.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I went to a concert - walked up to the box office and bought a ticket - and yes - they charged me a "convenience fee." I asked them shouldn't you be paying me? The odd thing is - if Ticketmaster just included their service fee (their cut) in the ticket price, I don't think anyone would mind. It's the postage and handling, the processing fees etc. that drive people nuts.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm going to a professional sports competition tonight and buying a ticket at the box office. If they charge me anything more than the normal sales tax, I'm doing an about-face and watching the game at the adjacent pub.

5. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Hope you aren't using the team's own peer-to-peer ticket service.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Nope, actually, the face value of the ticket is what I paid. Box office FTW!

It's unfortunate that this option is not feasible most of the time.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I nominate the satellite providers, big cable companies, or mobile phone companies. Those companies get people riled up more than any other.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You wouldn't even vote for your own nomination if Pepco provided your home's electricity.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

They must really take care of the pols up that way, because with the amount of times Pepco screws up, pols should be frothing at the mouth. Either that or there is practically no legislative oversight of utilities in Maryland (which I'm pretty sure is not the case).

Draft saved Draft deleted