1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Most hated" company in America

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Clearly there were no votes from the journalism community. Gannett, Lean Dean, etc., fly under the public's radar.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Same here. Their fees are excessive, but from a service standpoint I've had pretty good experiences with Delta.

I once lunged over a ticket counter in an attempt to throttle a United employee at SeaTac airport.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

TicketMaster is my most hated because they screw you as part of the standard operating prodecure -- not like banks and credit cards wating to swoop in when you're a day late or power companies taking forever to fix a downed line.

How the hell can you justify those friggin' fees?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Having served on the front lines for nearly 3 years, the rest of AT&T isn't any more beloved than the cell phone division.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

News Corp. right now is hands-down the most hated company in Britain.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

After having to endure that redneck moron singing and NOW Chris Berman my most hated company is ABC/ESPN. STOP YELLING YOU FAT FUCK!

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Any list like this that doesn't include DELL is complete and utter bullshit.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

1. Government
    2. The GOP
    3. The media

But Z-man has it right.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

One of the happiest days I've had in the past, oh, 10 years, was the day I was able to tell AT&T to pound sand. I will drive to the box office in order to avoid spending money with Ticketmaster.

Both of them pale, however, in comparison with any and all health insurance companies, who gladly take the equivalent of a car payment every month then fight kicking and screaming not to live up to their end of the arrangement. They suck, and they do not swallow.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Haliburton anyone?

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I try not to use TicketMaster, but have been known to about once every other year. Bought some tickets on their web site this year. They charged $2.50 to print the tickets on my own printer.

So with four tickets to print, I was charged $10. To use my own paper. My own ink.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

BP in my neck of the woods.

Draft saved Draft deleted