1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Most hated" company in America

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Jul 11, 2011.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Comcast's next advertising tag line:

"Compared to Time Warner, Customers Love Us!"

Human scum.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Count me as one of the few who, although I get the hatred of Comcast, I don't participate. Yes, they jack their rates up annually, sometimes for what appears to be no reason. But ya know what? Every time I've had an issue with them and had to call customer service (which is maybe three times in eight years) I've spoken with *gasp* an American citizen in this country, sometimes even *gasp* in the same state as me. Imagine that! The last time my cable modem died I called at 2 p.m. and had a service tech at my place at 4 p.m. the same day.

Compare that with my last call to HSBC for my Best Buy card where I had someone clearly from India (named "Steve" hahahahahahahaha!) trying FOUR TIMES to sell me credit protection for $10 a month. On a card that, at the time, had a balance of $13 and hadn't been used in a year and a half. Wellfuckindone.
  4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I think people bitch more than they praise. I've had some of these companies (Charter, Comcast, Chase, Dish) and never had a major problem.

Heck, just look at user feedback on things like Amazon, EBay or GoogleMaps...it's always full of complaints. That's why lists like these don't faze me.
  5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I figured Comcast would be at the top. But being a former Comcast customer, and a current Pepco customer, it's not even close. Pepco is the most galling, arrogant, worthless piece of shit utility ever. Every one of their executives should be fired for gross incompetence right the fuck now. The only redeeming value they have is that they don't make their media relations people take the beating for being such a piece of shit company.

Pepco makes the LA Clippers look like the Bill Russell-led Celtics. They make college sports look pristine in comparison. They make JDV look humble and full of perspective. Pepco's executives really do need to just quit already. They are an eternal, living, walking, breathing middle finger to the lives of a huge swath of suburbia.
  7. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

They are STILL feeling the blowback from Pearl Jam making them look like the bastards that they are nearly 20 years ago. Another company everyone should hate is Nike...talk about doing absolutely nothing for American society while making billions off the inner cities...Nike is evil.
  8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So Walmart can get back to hiring illegals by the truckload?
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I've had charter and for what ever problems they have with fees, I'd be happy to use them over Mediacom.

Mediacom's service is deplorable. Their reception is garbage. We use it here at work because they have the local government channel, but that's it. If Dish had the local government channels, we'd switch in a heartbeat. We would have service interruptions and call their service line. We could have the TV on, with a black screen or a picture briefly cutting in. The service people would run their test and tell us that there's nothing wrong. If you move to an area with Mediacom, don't bother, just go to satellite.
  10. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

I'd put United ahead of Delta on my personal hate list.
  11. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Koch Industries would probably be on the top of my list.
  12. I find Facebook and MySpace being on it a little funny. (It must have just been a simple "Rate How You Feel About These Companies" survey)

Unlike those other companies, those 2 social network sites don't cost you anything and it's your own damn fault if you choose to use them. You don't have much choice with which utility you can use, and even your bank/airline/etc. choices are limited.
Draft saved Draft deleted