1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most Expensive Ballparks For A Beer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Apr 25, 2012.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

http://business-news.thestreet.com/pekintimes/story/10-most-expensive-beers-in-baseball/11507257

Wow!! This was something I just couldn't believe, although it has been a while since I have been to a MLB park for a game and a brew (At least six years). OK....Have at!

...And while I am at it: Where (which ballpark/stadium/arena -- regadless of sport), is the cheapest -- make that least costly -- beer?

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

At Dodger stadium last night, my buds paid $13 for beers.

I bought a $5 Diet Coke.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The Miami Marlins are now playing in GAB, according to the pictures.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

$13 each?

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I just knew the Jays would have to be on there. Prices for beer at Jays, Argos and Leafs games are fucking larcenous.

That isn't a current story either. Jays went dry for liquor license violations for three games, including their home opener, in 2009.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"But that Sports Illustrated (or Time, or Newsweek) subscription isn't worth 40 cents a week!"

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

More proof that Fenway and Wrigley aren't ballparks, they're theme parks.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I always thought it was ridiculous that the Cardinals charged so much for beer, given that they play in a ballpark named for a beer company that owns the team.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If people are paying, why wouldn't they charge so much?

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Could have sworn beers were $9 at Nationals Park when I visited two years ago.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Unless they give a price per ounce, I don't know how you can compare.

I paid $8 for a beer at a Flying Squirrels game last week. That beer was 32 oz, though.

12. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I have bias but Miller Park is pretty tough to beat when it comes to seeing an MLB game for a decent price.

Face value tickets are pretty cheap, but for many games you can get tickets on the secondary market on weeknights for 50 cents. You can get a good seat just about any night for $20.

Beers run about $6-8, but everyone tailgates, and you are allowed to bring in your own peanuts, water, closed sodas, brats, burgers, etc. Basically anything is OK to bring in besides alcohol. So tailgate in the lot and buy one beer or two if you need it. Best value probably in all of pro sports, which is probably why they can draw 38,000 on a Tuesday night in a city the size of Milwaukee.

Draft saved Draft deleted