1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most exciting sporting event you've attended

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I meant to start this one in celebration of my 500th post, but forgot. But anyway, here goes:

As a fan: May 10, 1994, Phillies vs. Braves at Fulton County Stadium. Phillies led 8-1 heading into the 9th, but Braves tied it in their last at-bat (including a pinch-hit three-run homer from Mike Mordecai). Braves won it in the 15th, when Mike Stanton (who had already pitched four scoreless innings) bunted Deion Sanders home.

As a working journalist: Jan. 3, 2000 Sugar Bowl, Florida State vs. Virginia Tech. Both Michael Vick and Peter Warrick were unstoppable on that night. I think there were something like 25 future NFL players on the field in that game.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Maybe not all excitement... certainly excitement and/or resonance.

1. Dolphins-Chargers, 1/2/1982
    2. Game 7, Marlins-Indians, 10/26/97
    3. Super Bowl XXXII, 1/25/98
    4. Super Bowl XXX, 1/28/96
    5. Final round (I had front-row seat on 18 since 8 in the morning at Winged Foot) of 1997 PGA, when the rainbow came right over Davis Love III's head. Ethereal.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Without a doubt, Game 6 of the '75 Series (as a 13-year-year-old in the bleachers).
    As media, 1987, Providence-Georgetown at The Dunk (the night Rick Pitino wanted go time with John Thompson). Pop Lewis wasn't five feet in front of me when he drilled the three for the win that ignited the Friars' ride to the Final Four.
    As an adult fan, not because it was the most down-to-the-wire game I ever saw, but Tom Brady's first NFL start, with the Pats blowing out Indy. You can argue that was the day the dynasty began.

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Virginia Commonwealth at UConn, March 25, 1988. UConn wins & moves on to the NIT Final Four. An unreal night in the Field House.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The bug game between the Tribe and Yanks in the playoffs last season was about as exciting as it gets for a fan.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Fan: Broncos-Patriots playoff game two years ago, when Champ Bailey returned an interception 100-plus yards and lost it out of bounds at the goal line but replay didn't support it.
    Working: Jordan's first title with the Bulls

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

As a fan: Francisco Cordova/Ricardo Rincon extra-inning no-hitter against the Astros in '97.

On the job: Local boys basketball team upsets state's top-ranked team in district playoffs. Yeah, I suck.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

1. Game 6, 2003 NLCS. :(
    2. Northwestern 54, Michigan 51, Nov. 4, 2000.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

- Kevin Millwood's no-hitter vs San Francisco Giants
    - NFC Championship game (Eagles vs Falcons)

10. rascalface

rascalface Member

1997 Missouri-Nebraska "flea-kicker" game.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

1996 AFC Divisional Playoff -- Colts 10, Chiefs 7... game-time temp around 10... my joints freeze, and Marty does what Marty does.

1997-- Mizzou-Nebraska... the flea-kicker. To this day, seeing that highlight makes me wanna puke. Literally.

2003 -- Mizzou-Nebraska... MU's streak of futility ends in dramatic fashion, and I get to see it. That was a fun night in Columbia.

12. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Mason and uconn in 06... Sorry stormie. And the sean taylor int return vs. Dallas last year. I think it was last year anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted