1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most Disturbing Sight Of The Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Take IJAG's pictures, add more alcohol, far more low-rent surroundings, mud and water everywhere, the lack of functional bathrooms on the infield, a 3-hour delay to get a track in raceable condition, and you'll have lived my life on Friday night.

I'm still trying to get the aura of Harley Davidson cigarettes, desiccated mud, stale beer, and hillbilly pheromones off of me.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Three times, thank you very much.

I took some photos. They're pretty tame...I'm impressed. Course, it was also three hours before the race when I went down and an hour and a half before it when I came back up...but most everybody was dressed.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Was their teacher there, too? [/poin]

4. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I wondered what he was up to these days...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Sounds like Darlington.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Lack of homeless guys in Speedos: plus-one to the many benefits of living in a cooler climate.

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

True car wash story:

So, I'm driving with a few friends in town here, and in the distance, down the road, we can see that a bikini car wash is going on.

Except that, it was a mix of guys and girls, which we thought was kind of weird.

And then as we got a little closer, we could see that most of them were kinda big, roomy in the hips.

Also, most of them were pasty white.

And they were wearing ugly-ass swimwear, like saggy mustard-colored one pieces.

With shoes and wool socks.

And I was like, "They'd have to pay me five bucks to watch that gang of uglies wash my car."

Which was just when we got close enough to realize they were kids with Down's Syndrome, raising money to go to summer camp.

I felt like a very, very bad man.

But not as bad as the old guy sitting on the bench leering at these joyous retarded girls throwing water and soap at each other.

I swear to God, I felt creeped out the rest of the day.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

End. Of. Thread.
    We have a winner.

9. I feel like a very, very bad man for having laughed so hard at that story.
    And I agree with SamMills ... end of thread.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Only if you felt a twinge.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Umm, not go get away from one of the greatest posts ever, but, umm, how was Kevin?

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Dega's tame compared to 20 years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted