1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most bitchy, angst-ridden sports fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Sep 5, 2006.

?

Which fans whine the most when a team or teams is in the tank?

1. Boston fans

14 vote(s)
    21.5%
  2. Philly fans

20 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. NYC fans

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  4. Cleveland fans

9 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. Chicago fans

10 vote(s)
    15.4%
  6. Other

4 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Philadelphia fans are flat-out psychotic. Case in point: at my college's recent Homecoming, one of my buddies gets into a drunken brawl, pounds the shit out of this one dude, stands up on a bench and leads a full-throated E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES! chant, followed by saying "Yeah, bitch, I just f*cked you up like B-Dawk." Um, yeah.

Oh, yeah: Eagles chants at Phillies games in the middle of June.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Kansas City hasn't had a World Series APPEARANCE since 1985, hasn't had a Super Bowl APPEARANCE since 1970 and doesn't have any sort of title worth a shit in 19 years, when KU basketball won the crown.

That group of fans has it bad.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

First, I corrected your post.

Second, Kansas City fans aren't assholes. They can accept losing teams. Just look at the Royals and the support the fans still give. They might lose, but the Royals still draw and Arrowhead still sells out with barbecue tailgaters every week for the Chiefs.

Finally, no sports fans have had it worse than Cleveland fans. I know I shouldn't say that as a Pittsburgh guy, but it's the truth. Indians last won in 1954. Cavs have won squat. And Cleveland's pride -- the Browns -- have yet to make an appearance in the Super Bowl. Cleveland sports fans have it worse than anyone.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

When drunk, Boston fans are maudlin.

When drunk, Philly fans are malicious.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Screw Cleveland. (Hi, IJAG!)

6. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Philly sports fan are ALWAYS drunk. They'd throw ice-balls at Pat's and Geno's if they were pissed off enough.

7. XXXX

XXXX Member

that post just made my day!!!

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Most angst-ridden: Cleveland
    Bitchiest: Boston
    Most malicious: Philly
    Most arrogant: NY
    Most delusional: Chicago
    Most fickle: LA/Dallas (tie)
    Most likely to get eaten by a shark while acting like a jackass in a fucking kayak: SF

Boston fans get a lot of hate, much of it deserved, but I love the crowds at Bruins games.

9. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Always happy to help, 4X. Always happy to help.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If that's your criteria, Helllooooooo, Steelers fan.

11. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

I don't know if Dallas fans are fickle as much as they're bandwagoners. Horrid, horrid bandwagoners. Whatever team is winning at the time is "their team." They went through all four of their major teams as "the big deal" in the past 15 years.

Having lived in Boston, I vote for them. It's not just that they're angstful, it's that they revel in it. They like being disappointed because it gives them reason to bitch.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Me, I'm a KC and MU fanboy.. so I consider myself bitchy and angst-ridden. KC's struggles have been well documented. The Royals, saved for the magical four-games above .500 season of 2003 have sucked in the last 10 years.

Not only have the Chiefs only made the playoffs once in the last nine years, they're probably the only team to blow home-field advantage three straight times... 96, 98 and '03.

As for MU, well, I don't feel like typing that much right now. The Quin Snyder debacle, the Ricky Clemons debacle, the curators damn near firing the AD the same fucking day they hire a new basketball coach. All of that sucks enough.

On top of it, they have a propensity for losing any and every big game. It's now seven fucking years since Mizzou beat Illinois in that goddam basketball game. The football team had an OK year, but the biggest win was against Texas Tech... and it played like shit against Nebraska, when it had a chance to go to the conference title game. But they did beat KU, by some miracle.

The good news is, it's starting to turn. Mike Anderson is a basketball Einstein, between bringing in Stefhon Hannah and the 40 minutes of hell. I'm not completley sold on Pinkel, because the football team shits itself anytime they have a chance to jump into the national spotlight... but it could be worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted