1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most beautiful high school campuses in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Feb 16, 2008.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I've got cousins who went/go to school at Stadium. I actually attended a bad girls basketball game at which one was cheering. It is truly impressive, although the inside still looks like just about any other high school.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

"Combing the high schools," for his date. I believe.

It's not nearl as impressive as Stadium in tacoma, but a vote for Torrance High School, which doubled as any number of TV/movie schools, including in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. John

John Well-Known Member

I can't think of a public high school I've ever visited that I thought was beautiful. I know mine wasn't.

I've seen some private schools and prep schools that were pretty amazing, though. In fact, there are several within a couple of miles of my apartment, including one with athletic facilities that rival some major colleges.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Torrance High was where "Beverly Hills 90210" was shot, not Beverly Hills High.
    There's a new school in Newport Beach called Sage Hill. Looks more like a trendy mall than a school. It's also a bit inland, not really near the beach. You need to have serious coin to go there. (I don't know how to post photos).

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

until you realize it's a shithole located next to mcdonalds and LCC.

6. statrat

statrat Member

Stadium HS is nice...until you get inside. Absolutely shithole.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

If we are talking actual schools, Louisville St. Xavier has a very nice campus.

8. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Highland Park (Dallas, Texas) High School looks like a freaking country club. The main building has Red brick walls covered with ivy, and there are courtyards and other beautifully manicured lawns on the campus.

I wish I could find pictures of it to show you all.

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Stadium underwent a two-year restoration and reopened about a year and a half ago.

And Tacoma doesn't smell nearly as much as it used to.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Nice avatar, MacDaddy.

All these schools are a tad nicer than the cinder block prison I attended.

And a little-known fact: Pretty sure Stadium Bowl (the Tacoma field) was the site of the graduation scene in "Say Anything."

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ahh yes ... the Berry Center. Kicks the ass of anything in the Metroplex right now.

Actually I think it technically is in Houston city limits. But Houston sprawls so much that it contains numerous suburban ISDs.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't have a school to add. Great pics and thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted