1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most awesomest names

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Oh I forgot all about the Wiener family from New Jersey. Three kid: Harry, Richard and Anita.

I saw two of them 15 years ago in a high school yearbook of a friend from New Brunswick, West Brunswick, one of those Brunswicks.

And I went to school with John Wayne King and Elvis Presley King. They were twins. And they were, how do I say it, special?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Um, in my junior year yearbook there was a "Phil McRotch" and a "Buster Hymen." Doesn't mean that was their real name..just that someone was asleep while editing.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I haven't read through the last few pages, but TCU's men's hoops team cornered the market on sweet names a few years back with:

Bingo Merriex, Nucleus Smith, Rebel Paulk and Chudi Chinweze.

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Zarley Zalapski, as posted earlier.
    Exree Hipp, former Terps hoopster.
    Majestic and Scientific Mapp.
    If you ever read "The Last Shot," by Darcy Frey - Tchaka Shipp.

5. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Give me a vote on Jim Bob Cooter. Hysterical!!

Close runner-up....
    http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=27812&SPID=2164&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=785339&Q_SEASON=2007

6. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

As for sports names, I always like the sound of World B. Free.

7. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

Destiny Frankenstein, softball player.

http://kuathletics.cstv.com/sports/w-softbl/mtt/frankenstein_destiny00.html

8. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I wonder if it's pronounced Frawn-ken-schteen.

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

We have a kid in our circ whose name is Preston Fivecoat, not funny or ironic, just a cool name

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Or if Chris Berman was calling Arkansas women's basketball highlights in the early 90s..."The Lady Razorbacks get the ball down inside to Delmonica (Me So) Dehorney."

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Ima Haug.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Is I-Perfection Harris still playing anywhere?

I guess the weirdness is all in context. My youngest daughter is Emily, an extremely common name -- except in my area of Chicago, where you're more likely to find a girl named Maeve. (There were two in my son's class last year.) Also, in my lily-white upbringing, the teacher would confuse one Sara with another. Now in my kids' school, my third-grader said everyone kept confusing Saul (pronounced with sa-OOL) with Saed (pronounced sai-EED). (The former is a boy of Latino descent, the latter a girl of Arabic descent.) Heck, to find a boy named Bob is pretty strange these days.

Draft saved Draft deleted