1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most awesomest names

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Nov 26, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Living in rural, red-state 'Murica proved to me that my European-descended brothers and sisters can make up weird-ass names with even weirder spellings just as creatively and prolifically as my African-American brothers and sisters.

What I don't understand is why. Africans had their names and other aspects of their culture stolen from them, so asserting pride with African-inspired names seems reasonable.

Conversely, us people of pallor have our culture and names intact. So why not go with the classics? I don't know, I guess I have a conservative side 'cause I don't understand the appeal of goofy names.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe Rahger can chime in.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Went to high school with a girl by the name of Unique Surprise for her first and middle name.
    Don't know why they didn't just name her Accident.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I remember when the most extreme alternate spellings were Sara instead of Sarah or Kristen instead of Kristin.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Mavric (that's the way it's spelled) Parks is a goalie for the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League. Very cool name.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

What's this Top Gun crap you're talking about?

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Someone fetch me a bookmaker... Odds on her being a stripper?

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Actually, I could see it with her, I suppose. The smart money would be on "No," though.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Wow ... that definitely tops the brother and sister named Sweet and Pretty that I went to school with.

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Know a brother and sister named "Freedom" and "Justice".

The most ass-kicking name, IMO:

Dalton (Hi Sxy!)

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I was just going to say... Why not just put a pole in her bedroom?

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Coke Dick

Offensive lineman for a high school team at a past paper. It was one of the largest high schools in the state, BCS conference school in the city.

Draft saved Draft deleted