1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most Annoying Singers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

fixed.

Although if you base this solely on "The Immigrant Song", you may have an argument.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Wow, the haterade for Fergie on here. Don't you know she's Fergilicious?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Without Henley, that list oozes fail.

4. Thanks, James Tiberius. because your reply allows me to bring this up again.

5. I have to say that, occasionally, Lucinda Williams's voice gets mushy and sloppy and I don't much like it at all.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

How is Ozzy not on that list?

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Honestly, this list is a more ambitious project that it might appear at first. There's lots of terrible singing out there. I'm guessing the list isn't so much for obvious dreck like Yoko Ono, but for singers are who generally respected but have a minority of spirited detractors.

Hate Dave Matthews. In the classic rock division, Steely Dan's crooner is also in my Pantheon of Loathed Vocalists. I almost never listen to commercial radio any more, so there's probably lots of hideousness of which I'm blissfully unaware. Kenny Chesney is to country music what Plan 9 from Outer Space is to film.

8. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

The fact that this list excludes Jonathan Davis of Korn makes it worthless. Fred Durst could be in there too...along with any death metal "cookie monster" vocalist.

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Most. Annoying. Ever.
    (notice I left out the word singer). :)

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You had better get far away quickly... :D

11. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Ozzy was pretty good for the first six Black Sabbath albums and his first few solo records. After that....ehhh. Of course singing heavy metal for 30+ years, and being a raging alcoholic and drug addict on top of that will blow out your pipes.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I used to hate Don Henley until I heard about how he joined Mojo Nixon on stage to sing "Don Henley must Die"

Gotta love someone who doesn't take himself too seriously.

Draft saved Draft deleted