1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most accurate fantasy baseball projections?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KnuteRockne, Mar 29, 2007.

1. KnuteRockne

KnuteRockne Member

Anyone got a favorite? Baseball Prospectus maybe? They seem to be the most recognized brand name. I don't know how much ESPN and Yahoo and some of the more familiar sites put into their projections, other than, "This guy can hit! Give him ... eh ... 40 home runs. Make it 45, actually!"

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

BP is the best. Rotoworld is close.

For magazines, I like the Major League Baseball Yearbook and Fantasy Guide. It's not actually produced by MLB, but that's the name of it. Amusing write-ups and fairly accurate projections for a mag produced months earlier.

3. KnuteRockne

KnuteRockne Member

I like BP, too. But I seriously can't find any source that seems to project pitchers with any degree of accuracy. So I just draft the guys with good stuff and hope for the best (of course, those kind of guys tend to drop like flies throughout the course of a 162-game season).

I just bought a BP monthly subscription for the first time, on top of having the book, which I regularly consult with. Hopefully the updates are helpful.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Best gage is to look where players got drafted in other drafts. Yahoo gives you that breakdown . It uncanny how many drafts go very similiar.

Probably a mistake to let out that secret but you still have to know what to do with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted