1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moss back to Minnesota

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Oct 6, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I follow him on Twitter. I caught it immediately and messaged him and I guess he was overloaded with responses. People were jumping all over him. It was pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If information is valuable, and this is how you disseminate the information, what does that say?

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I stand by my earlier post.

Favre, whose man crush with Moss kick-started his entire diva act to begin with, is going to be over-focused on Moss and he's going to go to the well way too often. It'll be easy for opposing defensive coordinators to take advantage of it. He'll throw 20 interceptions, easy.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I do think you're right on there.

But if Rice can come back,that's quite an arsenal with Moss, Harvin, Rice, Schiancoe and APete. A lot of weapons to choose from and they should have no problem scoring points.

But, at clutch time, Favre will try to force it, will it to Moss against all odds and all judgement.

Pick.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

TSP: Here we have one of the best-read and best-paid writers in sports journalism who had the first public mention of what turned out to be one of the biggest football stories of the year. And he did it by accident and didn't really want to. How odd.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Marshawn Lynch is 24. I'm guessing here, but Moss has got to be 33 or 34. If the Packers could have gotten Lynch for a No. 4 and a No. 6, they're idiots for not pulling the trigger since every healthy running back on their roster is horrible. I would argue that Brandon Jackson would not make the 53-man roster on 20 teams.

If the Vikings end up winning the North, it will be the Packers' fault for not making any moves and considering they were a popular SB pick before the season, that's unforgivable.

7. Mizzougrad96

All I know is I will not be missing a single Vikings game this year.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The bye week repairs are coming along nicely:

[​IMG]

(The Viking ship at Winter Park. Honest. See what the bushes spell?)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The Patriots got Moss for only a fourth-round pick. The Steelers traded Santonio Holmes -- a Super Bowl MVP who's much younger -- to the Jets for a fifth-round pick. Seems to be about right for a wide receiver who, if lost via free agency, would bring only a fifth-round compensation pick.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Apparently Moss had an "outburst" during the Miami game: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5655198&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5655198

11. Mizzougrad96

As I said before, there is nothing a coach hates than a player who is angry when the team is winning.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I hope Vikings fans remind Moss of January 14, 2001. NFC Conference Championship Game and what a quitter he was against the Giants.

Draft saved Draft deleted