1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moss back to Minnesota

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sets up a nice rematch on Revis Island Monday night.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

They could not possibly sign all those pics. Too much money. But it is damn impressive.

Moss might play 17 games this season.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Doesn't Minny play in NE soon?

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Bingo on this -- Wilf is putting all of the proverbial eggs into this basket. The Metrodome lease is up next year. He will have MAXIMUM leverage if he comes back and says, "look, taxpayers, I took you away from the cheapest owner in the NFL, McCombs, paid for Favre, brought in Moss. Where's my stadium?"

And than, during his press conference, his cell phone will go off. Wilf will look into the cameras and say, "I have the mayor of Los Angeles calling me now. Gotta take this call."

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That does make the timing on this a little more interesting, doesn't it? Just in time for the Vikings to play the Jets.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Oct. 31 ... one week after Minnesota plays at Lambeau.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Goodell will not let the Vikings leave. No way.

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Until he switches to a different number, just because he feels like it. Nothing to do with marketing gimmicks. Nothing at all.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Absolutely a gamble worth taking. I was worried they were going to Herschel Walker the Pats, but this has the potential to be a great move for the Vikes. Machine Head?

11. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Ryan,

One thing I learned the hard way -- if someone sends you a direct message through your cell phone, it is very easy to send a reply that ends up on your regular twitter feed. For whatever reason, the default status for replies in that situation is not to DM back. I did it once, including a (joke) swear-word that went to all of my followers. I recently saw another broadcaster send his cellphone number to everyone in the same scenario.

Unfortunately, not that uncommon.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Not so sure about that...especially if Minnesota is the one place the refuses to replace the Metrodome.

They have been talking about this for 13 years and nothing has been done.

Draft saved Draft deleted