1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moss back to Minnesota

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Oct 6, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If the Vikings can get Moss for one season without dropping 9 mil on him for future seasons, it is worth the roll of the dice.

If the Vikings have to kill their future salary cap just to have him with Favre this one season, then I do not think it is worth it.

And if the Chargers trade Jackson to the Pats, San Diego just does not care about what happens in the post season.

Good day to be a Jet fan.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Good point about Jackson. Sounds like something the Patriots would pull off, too (and I mean that with respect for what they do).

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

There is no salary cap this year in football. And having listened to DeMaurice Smith, I'm not convinced there will be one again. If there is it'll be because the players, and not Smith, caved.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I really agree with this. I think Wilf is going all in this season because he's trying to get the stadium passed.

I could understand this from New England's standpoint because there is nothing coaches hate more than a player who is complaining when the team is winning. But, New England looks like a Super Bowl contender this year and they look less like one without Moss.

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The Randy Moss trade hasn't been announced but the pieces all seem to be in place.

The deal will cost the Vikings a third-round pick in 2011, according to multiple reports, but the wide receiver won't receive an immediate contract extension to change teams. NFL sources confirmed that nothing is yet official but look for an announcement later today.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/104405204.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aU1yDEmP:QMDCinchO7DU

6. Mizzougrad96

If the Pats are using that pick to get Jackson, this is a fantastic trade for the Pats.

7. 93Devil

Why the fuck would San Diego trade a great player to a team they will probably face in the playoffs? This makes no sense among to the sane.

Seriously, trade Jackson to the fing Redskins or Rams.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Schefter Tweeting it's done for a third-round pick.

Never doubt Belichick. This will not come back to haunt them, this year or any other year.

9. Mizzougrad96

The Chargers know that it will be Nate Kaeding who prevents them from getting to the Super Bowl, not Vincent Jackson. :D

10. 93Devil

Someone on ESPN Radio said the Pats traded a fourth for Moss years ago and are now getting a third for him.

That is pretty freeking impressive.

11. mb

mb Active Member

I'm sure he wouldn't have tweeted it with the idea folks would get pissed and it would torpedo the deal.

Nah, he wouldn't do that.

Never.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This from ESPN...

"When the trade is completed, the Patriots will have two picks in each of the first four rounds of the 2011 draft -- their own picks and a first-round pick from Oakland, a second-round pick from Carolina, the third-round pick from the Vikings and a fourth-rounder from Denver."

Jebus.

Draft saved Draft deleted