1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moses Lake, Wash.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Brain of J, Mar 5, 2007.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I've been to Seattle, Spokane, Pullman/Moscow (where I have cousins) and into western Idaho. If you have to drive two hours FROM Pullman to get somewhere, that classifies as "end of the world."

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

it's to the west dude, heading back to the world.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

why do you hate the quincy jackrabbits?

4. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Tom's right.

It's not so much the end of the world, more like the middle of nowhere.

It's a nice little town, though. The lake is very nice and makes it like a high-desert oasis. It's relatively green (thanks to irrigation) and the drive to Spokane is boring, but quick.

I've got no quarrel with the good folks in Quincy. Now, those bastards at Lind-Ritzville are another story. :)

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

lmao - yes, those rat-bastard ritzville folks can burn in hell.

also, when i think about moses lake, i think more: in the middle of somewhere, with a nowhere zip code ... since cool places really aren't THAT far away.

also, does that area still have the irrigation "ditches" to cool off in during the 100-degree summer days?

6. m2spts

m2spts Member

What is your problem?

7. Giggity

Giggity Member

You've got it all wrong. The Ephrata Tigers are the evil empire of the (Caribou Trail League?). Or at least they were 20 years ago.

And there's still canals everywhere, I believe. But I think the water slides are gone after the big scandal.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

scandal? do tell.

some of the best days of my life were spent just before my junior year of high school at those "canals," flanked by several cold short racks and rather hot ephrata girls during the dead of summer.

9. Giggity

Giggity Member

If memory serves, a scam artist put together a group of investors to finance the water slides. He put up enough of the capital he'd collected to get them built, but pocketed the rest and disappeared. I'm sure I'm screwing up the details, but that's the gist of what I remember about it.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted