1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moscow (Idaho) Pullman Daily News,

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkphxf, Nov 22, 2010.

1. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

Per: http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1214773

The Moscow-Pullman Daily News is looking for a talented and energetic sports reporter and page layout editor who wants to cover Pac10 and WAC sports, plus several high schools, while living the good life on the Palouse.

This is a great opportunity to be a key part of a small team of journalists. You'll get a chance to cover all the Pac10 and WAC sports that Washington State University and the University of Idaho participate in, plus prep sports at Moscow, Pullman, Colfax, Troy, Potlatch and other area high schools.

You'll also share responsibility for the content, look and feel of the Sports section both in print and online. The successful applicant will have experience laying out pages with InDesign. Experience with and enthusiasm for online and social media is a plus.

Please email a cover letter, resume' and five writing samples to managing Editor Lee Rozen at lrozen@dnews.com
    No phone calls or letters please.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Did CCaple leave? I guess the SE doesn't get much input.

3. CCaple

CCaple Member

I did indeed. Feel free to PM for anything you'd like to know about the position/paper.

4. D-K

D-K New Member

Are they looking local or taking anyone?

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It says reporter and page layout editor -- how much getting out and covering is there in this gig, or is it a desk job where the covering PAC10 and WAC is catching incoming calls?

Are they willing to look beyond borders, except beyond borders being the one that runs along the 49th parallel? I promise to drop the Canadian accent, eh.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

That was fast. Hopefully you found something else.

I don't think a small daily is going to shell out money for a Canadian when there are a lot of Americans who don't want to get paid a lot. It's up to our friends up north to get a visa on their own.

Don't think you get to travel with this gig. You're covering preps as well.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Believe me there wasn't much holding of the breath. Although the interest is genuine.

8. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I think this paper was my first-ever interview. Fresh out of college, I wrote a kick-ass cover letter then bombed in the interview over the phone. Always wondered how things would have turned out if what I knew now I knew then.

9. kingkroz1017

kingkroz1017 New Member

Wasn't this just open over the summer?

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Yep. PM CCaple for details.

11. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

Appears this one has been filled: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/2953183/

Draft saved Draft deleted