1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mosconi Cup 2016

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Dec 7, 2016.

1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Kind of a dick? Was? Bristow is a full-on jerkoff, but an amazing darts player.

Jocky Wilson.... ahh, the memories.

Huggy and ChrisLong like this.
  2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

John Lowe came through SoCal, too, at that time. There was another guy I remember named John Sutton. One of my best nights ever in darts was a blind-draw doubles tournament at a bar called The Londoner. It was the night before the L.A. Open. In blind draw, you enter by yourself and they draw names out of a hat to form two-person teams. I drew Stefan Lord, who I never heard of. He turned out to be the Swedish national champion and had reached the final of the News of the World tournament. We won about 8 matches and got into the quarterfinals before we lost. I played as well as I ever had. He missed an out dart in the match we lost.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Shuffleboard might be the third sport? Not sure.

Like pool, I'm always better at darts when I've had a few drinks. Not too many, mind you. But a three-beer buzz puts me in the zone on the dartboard.

ChrisLong likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Did Jocky wear funky-ass trousers like Guppy Troup?

Fly likes this.
  5. SpeedTchr

Jocky was a moody little fucker, and one of the greatest displays of this was his match against the giant, Cliff Lazarenko:

ChrisLong likes this.
  6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Both guys rocking a cigarette while they play....tremendous athletes. Jocky went heel here big time....

ChrisLong and SpeedTchr like this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The way I understand it is you can place bets with parlors in England.

And I assume dart crowds are like this.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  8. SpeedTchr

In the spirit of the threadjack, I was remembering last night one of my mindless entertainments as a kid. Next door neighbor kid and I would regularly play 10,001-down in darts. Did wonders for my dart skills, of course, but even more for my arithmetical skills. Shit, I couldn't throw that many darts right now to save my life!

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That's only like 20 games of 501 in the same sitting. NBD.

10. SpeedTchr

I challenge any modern yoot to concentrate on a non-electronic device/activity for that long!

Draft saved Draft deleted