1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mort reports that Leinart will start this sunday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Warner and Eli Manning. Now Warner and Matt Leinart. What's next? Warner and Brady Quinn?

2. donnie23

donnie23 Member

David Aldridge is reporting ... nevermind.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hooooooolllld on thar! Mort reverses field and heads to the other sideline -- Warner is back in the saddle!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2602503

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Wait, I'd heard that Leinart was in critical condition, then he wasn't.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

sorry, everyone. i thought this reversal merited a thread of its own, so i started one.....

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Ah, but they're getting their news second hand. Screw that, I want to get it from the source, which in this case is Mort's anonymous one who so conveniently switched back to Warner starting this week.

See, this is why I don't care for these types of reports -- it's all heresay. From the start, there were red flags with Green saying they don't make personnel decisions until Tuesday. If that's the case, why would Mort's source actually claim to know who would start when the decision had yet to be made? Doesn't add up. Just say Warner might not start this week by citing Green's non-commitment, but don't assume anything more than that.

Sounds like a veteran coach attempting to motivate a veteran quarterback, who has played poorly this season, with the threat of a demotion behind the talk radio-hyped rookie. And if he doesn't respond, then they might make the switch the next week.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Either that, or the 'Nutty Professor' Denny Green is impatient again. Professor Klump thinks Green should stick with Warner for this week.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No one is more pleased than Bitter Young Weinie, who no longer has to worry about self-immolation

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And so much for that.

10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Funny, there are two threads on this. I just posted on the other one that just started because I some how missed this one. I don't think Dennis Green ever made that decision. He had some quotes in this morning's Arizona Republic that pretty firmly said personell decisions weren't made until Tuesdays. Could be coach speak, but I think ESPN seriously jumped the gun on this one. If anyone really cares about the Cardinals QB situation.

One the other hand, the Cardinals have a pretty neat new name for their stadium. Or something.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Crap, I kind of needed Leinart because Plummer is on his bye so after Peyton I got jack for QBs (we start two in our league)

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I still cut Warner.

It's only a matter of time before Mr. Babymaker is starting.

Draft saved Draft deleted