1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mort reports that Leinart will start this sunday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Sep 25, 2006.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

::)

How about a legit sports news site?

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Ugh. But at least you didn't cut Brett Favre.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Now. Is that any way to talk to people who... ah hell, we deserve that...

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I drafted Warner, and gave up Kevin Jones in a trade two weeks ago to get Leinart. I'm now very glad I did. If it doesn't happen this week, it will be soon. Warner was horrid on Sunday and is due to tear something anyway.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

And yet another torpedo hits the DyePack Fantasy Football cruise ship.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

For those wanting a link, click here

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've got a smaller problem, but it still pisses me off.

My QBs are Warner and Eli. The Giants are off this weekend. The only available starting QB in my league is Gradkowski ... and the Bucs are off this weekend.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Is there enough Vienna sausage on the toothpick for both of them? :D ;D

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

My backup QB is Drew Bledsoe. My starter is warner, mostly because he's been reliable fantasy-wise until two days ago.

I get why a coach goes to the old standby of "Replace the QB!" after a couple consecutive losses. And I understand Warner had a bad game Sunday (he cost them the game with the key turnovers), and they drafted Leinart to play him at QB. And Leinart is a fast learner, a smart QB.

But to have a veteran starter, give up on him after just three weeks to throw in the rookie . . . . could potentially lead to a season of constant shuffle and embarrassment. I don't think it will because I'm a Leinart believer, but Green is obviously desperate to get things back on track.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

That's a tough spot, shot. Maybe Michael Robinson will throw a few interceptions passes. :D

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

warner had two incredible years. arguably they were among the top 10 seasons for a quarterback in league history. but that's it. he's been done for a long time.

Draft saved Draft deleted