1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Morris pay cuts

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Diabeetus, Mar 18, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Morris is leveraged about as badly as I've seen.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Creative chains will soon be using this as their template. IN ADDITION to layoffs. IN ADDITION to furloughs.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

see cnhi.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'd say we have a few more months of this shit.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Here's a link: http://cjonline.com/news/business/2009-03-18/morris_announces_wage_cuts

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The newspaper business needs a general strike. Every employee, union or not, New York Times or community weekly walks off the job. AP, too. Let the world live without information for awhile.
    Pay cuts for people making less than 25K. Obscene. No profession, no matter how much you love it, is worth that shit. No job is, either.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

We need unions first.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They'd fire us all summarily and give our jobs to every English major working at a Starbucks.

9. jps

jps Active Member

is it a rotating ad, or does everyone get "we're looking for you!" tacked right next to the story on the link, looking for folks to work at select specialty hospital?

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

You're right, the brass are a bunch of lemmings following each other off the cliff ... Check the lame-ass rationale from el heffe:

This sucks for all of us, Morris employees or not. I wish the best to everyone forced to take the financial hit in upcoming weeks.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Looks like they shouldn't have laid off their copy editors, since the PI had been printing for 146 years continuously.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

oooh, that's gotta burn. Want some ice?

I dunno about complete horseshit. Yeah, the pay sucks, and everyone on here knows it. Just recognize that things could be and may still get worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted