1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Morris Braves Beat Writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

That I can't tell you.

And, Claude: Funny!

2. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I had a beer or two with Travis when he was in Augusta. He seemed like a nice guy, and he did a good job when he was in the A-U-G. I didn't really follow his stuff covering the Braves though.

3. vanbrimmer

vanbrimmer Member

Charlie Bennett remains at the P&C covering CofC.

As for the layout duties, the news service produces weekly feature pages, including one on NASCAR, that come out of the Atlanta office. I produce the NASCAR page every week in addition to my Georgia Tech and general assignment duties. The Braves person ideally would have the Quark skills to fill in a handful of times a year when I'm on vacation or otherwise pre-disposed.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Start munching away, Ellis.

Looks like it was filled by Brian Costa of the Miami Herald

5. Brookerton

Brookerton Member

I hope it's been filled by someone good. They've had some chumps covering the Braves the last week or two.

6. Well, fuck me gently with a chainsaw. Anyone have some hot sauce?

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Here's hoping you were wearing a porkpie hat ...

8. Tommy_Dreamer

I wouldn't call Adam Van Brimmer a chump. Nor would I call hockeybeat a chump for the one time he covered them.

9. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

They had an excellent in-house candidate as well. They were going to come out pretty good regardless of who they hired. Congrats to Brian.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Indeed they did have an excellent-in houser.

11. vanbrimmer

vanbrimmer Member

I've been called many things, but never a chump before. Anyway, to my knowledge (and no, I was not part of the interview process), there were four strong candidates. Brian Costa did a good job in his internship with Miami and came highly recommended by Jorge Rojas.

Draft saved Draft deleted