1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Morning News of Northwest Arkansas making cuts

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Apr 23, 2009.

1. WScribblySh

WScribblySh Member

If I read that right, they eliminated their correspondent budget. Not good when you're trying to do as much with fewer full-timers.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I would think the LVRJ is what's dragging the company down and I'd be surprised if it hasn't had cuts already. Especially considering the gaming industry is going bust and Vegas is the foreclosure capital.

3. Bingo

4. ArkansasGuy

ArkansasGuy New Member

All the Stephens papers in Arkansas are in trouble. Springdale hasn't turned a profit in years but spends a ton of money. Fort Smith is just a hair better financially. Pine Bluff quit publishing Monday editions.

5. Desk_dude

Desk_dude Member

Actually, the RJ is the cash cow. I think even in bad economicv times the papers is making lots of money. Considering it's a newspaper monopoly there, and the paper's staff is small for its size.

6. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The words "Pine Bluff" and "profit" are mutually exclusive on general principles.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good. Fuck those assholes.

Draft saved Draft deleted