1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Morning Joe Anyone?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Much-improved show, this fine Monday morning . . .

Addition by subtraction . . .

Send the Barnicled one off to work at Bumfuck Weekly, and we'd be practically
    home free . . .

2. Can't go with you on Squinty Joe.
    He hit Congress as a wingnut and hasn't changed at all.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Don't disagree with you, in this case.
    As noted . . . the Know-Nothing the show is named for was "on assignment" this
    morning, and thus absent . . . moving the show up the quality scale, considerably.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

He has plenty of counterbalance on that show.

5. From whom?
    Mika?
    Barnicle?
    Smug Willie Geist?
    Occasionally, O'Donnell will push back, but he's not on enough.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I tried but I can't watch. We long ago reached the saturation point for daily political talk shows. None of these knuckleheads has anything worthwhile to say. Hell, there's precious little substance on Stephanopoulos' show and he's only on once a week. (Although at least Krugman was on this week to lend a little sanity.)

7. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Big fan of the show. I find it a little funny that every MSNBC political junkie makes or has made appearances except for Olbermann and Maddow. Of course, their hours conflict, but I also think Scarborough and Olbermann would not last 30 seconds in the same room together without tearing out each other's throats. In fact, Olbermann is never mentioned at all, sort of like Kornheiser refusing to say Jay Mariotti's name.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Grab a shovel.

9. Simon_Cowbell

O'Donnell, Mika also calls him on shit, and so does her dad.

10. Dignan

Dignan Guest

That might be the last time they've spoken on air. Joe kept going, "Grab a shovel, my god!"

11. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

The fact that uber MILF Mika Brzezinski sprung from the loins of ugly-ass Zbiginew Brzezinski continues to amaze me every time I flip over to "Morning Joe."

12. Simon_Cowbell

It's like the roulette wheel hitting 00

Draft saved Draft deleted