1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Morning Joe Anyone?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Even more obnoxious on the radio, than on the tube . . . but shit sells.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

For morning TV, it's the best show out there -- especially if you're a political junkie like me.

I always like Joe when he appeared on Politically Incorrect, but I didn't care much for Scarborough Country (always seemed like a Countdown repeat). But in the morning TV format, I think he flourishes. He seems to draw a pretty high caliber of guests, too.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I enjoy it. Mika could stand to quit making faces at the camera while Scarborough is making salient points, though.

4. Scarborough should stop making faces, period.
    Wait. He's not?
    My bad.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The show would be much better without the vapid and near worthless insights of Mika.

I have no idea what Willie Geist's qualifications are that make him suddenly worth watching, but I sort of enjoy him. Barnicle is an idiot.

All in all it's a good show, and better than anything else on in the morning.

Fenian, how about you just sleep in, or put on Mike and Mike?

6. West Wing, 8-10 a.m.

7. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Which, I admit, I'm starting to watch as well.

Never watched it when it was on NBC.

8. Tip -- the show is heading into the post-Zoey's kidnapping lame-oid period. Doesn't regain its feet until the government shutdown and the Santos-Vinick campaign.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Otherwise known as, Aaron Sorkin writes into a corner and then gets canned.

God, it's awful for a while.

10. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I did appreciate the Santos-Vinick election episodes all the way to the inauguration. They ran those on Tuesday, although I did see them when they were on a while back.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If you don't like this show as political shows go than we can't help you.

You're stuck with C-Span.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Mika is easy on the eyes, but I lose patience waiting for her to say something worthwhile.

Draft saved Draft deleted