1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Morganna the Kissing Bandit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 17, 2013.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I want to see a documentary on Fan Man, the guy who parachuted into a ton of events in the early '90s.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Go talk to Monica Seles, Rebecca Schaeffer and John Lennon about random fans walking up to them.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'll at least give that guy points for creativity. He certainly put more thought, expense and effort into it. Believe he's top dog in the all time fan attention whore standings.

And, btw, aren't these just the same folks who play the fool on our reality shows today? Poor Morganna missed the big time by a couple decades, she might have some Honey Boo Boo calibur gig if she was young today. There's just so many other outlets for the aspiring attention whore today.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Morganna was Charo going low-rent. Cuchi-cuchi!

5. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

the poor man's charo....I like it.

6. I don't know but there was at least one very good article written about him. If I can find it I will post it.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about ...

Just a tad over the top, no?

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not really. Any idiot walking onto the field of play at a sports event or the performance surface at a concert, etc etc, needs to be planted in the floorboards/turf emphatically enough that:

-- they ain't getting up to do anything to anybody, and
    -- anybody and everybody watching in person or on teevee says, "Holy fucking shit. Well, I guess it would be a super-duper-good idea not to do anything like that -- like ever in my life."

THEN, dragged off feet first to the local slammer.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I didn't see the fight live, but I do remember the surrealness of watching SportsCenter and all of a sudden hearing the anchor say, "The Bowe-Holyfield fight has apparently stopped because someone just parachuted into the ring."

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I don't think this is quite fair. Fans would have also loved and accepted an Asian lady with gigantic fun boobs.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Pete Rose did.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted