1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Morganna the Kissing Bandit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 17, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If you were a child of the '70s -- or even a bit older to be more appreciative -- this short documentary of Morgana the Kissing Bandit will appeal to you.

Hell, if you're a guy this doc will appeal to you.

Well done, with a nice ending:

http://www.roopstigo.com/reel/morganna-a-kissing-bandits-mystery/

2. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Really enjoyed that. Thanks. Also reminded me what a great personality Frank Layden was.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Jim Bouton once complained that Morganna's lips were greasy. Is that in there?

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Good stuff.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Either Morganna or a Morganna impersonator gave the whole thing a brief revival in the early '90s.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I figured that saggy old bitch had drowned in milk by now. :)

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I remember she once came out and smooched Fred Lynn in Anaheim. I later saw a video of Lynn talking with the reporters after the game, and of course, he was asked about it. Lynn said something along the lines of "I heard a bunch of cheering all of a sudden, and I figured it was either a fight in the stands or beach balls on the field. Turned out it was beach balls on the field!"

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Fred Lynn is prominently featured in the doc.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

There wouldn't be any kissing bandits today. If she ran on the field today unscripted, the cops would be slamming her down on those boobs. She'd be lucky if she wasn't tazed.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Jeter might ask for seconds!

NTTAWWT.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Why do you say that? The doc didn't say a word about what she's doing, where she's living, etc. All it said is that she turned down an interview request. The guy didn't even identify the town where the post office was that she supposedly visits several times a week.

Pretty shoddy job, overall.

Draft saved Draft deleted