1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More weird, deadly happenings in Waco

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, May 17, 2015.

1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, outlaw bikers tend to not want their names in the paper, that is unless they are doing a toy run.

2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

From the Waco Tribune article I linked earlier, it's apparent that it was a corporate franchisee that was aware, not the Twin Peaks corporate HQ. There's a quote in there about Twin Peaks corporate is looking at yanking the franchise rights over this. Seriously doubt that particular Twin Peaks location survives, but the company can survive this PR disaster by severing ties with the franchisee.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Might also be wise to check the books of that outlet. Figure there might be a reason the gangs figured it was "cool" with them. Might be a laundering operation.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So I'm guessing "Twin Peaks" is a wink to waitresses with high elevation, and the bar doesn't celebrate David Lynch movies and TV shows?

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

There's one in a nearby suburb that I've been in a couple of times, as it's right near a couple of my accounts. The staff was shockingly good looking.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If it was a coffee shop it'd be called Twin Perks.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

How long until the police and mayor apologize for referring to them as a gang and violent?

8. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I'll never understand the kind of "thinking" that goes into getting into a shootout with the cops.

Sure, .0001% of the time it'll buy you a chance to escape to Cuba or Mexico or wherever. Otherwise... at best... it's a testosterone-fueled trip to years of prison.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Was the coffee damn good.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Just a reminder. The situation is fluid. Call the airports.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Having never been in a shootout with the cops -- or anyone, for that matter -- I can only speculate. I'd guess that when you reach that point, it's the ultimate scenario of a situation spinning out of control and going into panic mode. You've probably done something horrible that is going to send you away for life anyway, so you've either already made a conscious decision to go down in a blaze of glory, or you see your life slipping away and rapidly progress through the DABDA stages of grief.
    Denial and Anger combine to get you pissed off at the cops "stealing" your freedom (although, of course, you've gotten yourself into this mess), so you take a shot at them. In the Bargaining phase, you're trying to buy yourself time to come up with a solution once you realize how bad the situation is. If you're not dead by this point, you're probably holed up in some sort of standoff. Finally, Depression and Acceptance come and you either surrender or blow your own head off.
    Just an armchair psychologist's opinion.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You will come to know... when the bullet hits the bone.

Draft saved Draft deleted