1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Wedding Hassels. What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I was considering leaving here dressed in a suit, walking into the church, going to the dinner only, and back home. That's 10 hours.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Does your wife have family nearby just in case?

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

3-hour trip doesn't seem like a deal-breaker if you go alone and i bet unless your wife has had a difficult pregnancy that the doc says she should be able to go as well. and if wifey has to stay at home, there's no friend nearby who can come spend the day with her while you're gone/

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's what you should do. Go solo on a one-day roundtrip. Keep your cell on vibrate. If there's a contraction, yell "I'm having a baby!!!" and run out to your car ... even if it's during the vows.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Two thoughts here:

1) Do whatever the doc says.
    2) Bring your daughter to the wedding (since your sis wants her niece there) and have an in-law or a close friend on standby incase your wife does go into labor.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

My sister got married on my birthday. "A small wedding, so you'll understand if you aren't invited," she said as she explained why her and her fiance were getting married in Houston instead of Minneapolis because he wanted to get married by a certain priest.
    Of course, he also said he'd take care of her and they and their two kids are living in a mobile home -- not a trailer but a camper -- somewhere in the Southwest with two kids, one of which my mother has never met.
    She is such a douchebag and he's a bipolar sick fuck...

sorry, was venting...

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

This

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

He's a very big star in Germany. Very big.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Darn, here I thought he pitched for the Phillies.

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Role player on the Nets.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Just so I understand....all these years you let me go on and on and on and on about MY family??

Draft saved Draft deleted