1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Weather Madness

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 31, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

2 days after we had 80 MPH winds with a severe thunderstorm come screaming through here.........now, we're in a tornado watch for the next 6 hours.

ah.......Kansas in early summer.

edit: I think Cantore just pulled into town.......this will not end well.

2. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Looks like some shit blowing up in Neb.
    Hunker down, Chef. NOAA has us in the moderate range for severe weather.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk.html

3. Platyrhynchos

Jeebus. Really?

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yikes. We were in a tornado warning two days ago and had a huge hailstorm during the day. Dropped 4 inches of hail in about 15 minutes. Never seen anything like it before, but I'm sure it pales in comparison to what you guys are going through. Hang in there.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

What you guys get will be here in about 12 hours. Jeez, it's rained here for two weeks straight. No tornadoes here, but there were some down around Killeen.

Looked at the radar and all is quiet now. But that could change.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yeah... sunny outside where I am, but we're in a thunderstorm warning. Gotta love the midwest.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

You should be preparing for an F5 tornado or a Cat 4+ Hurricane. You should also be building an ark and stocking it with two of every animal in case you get 30 inches of rain .. or snow.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

I was being sarcastic, but you get the idea.....when anywhere around us gets mentioned on the Weather Channel, expect castatrophe.

9. Platyrhynchos

Ahhhh., Color me gulla-bull. A nin-cow-poop. A maroon.

But perhpas you're getting air time due to the fact that Greensburg (which has been flogged to death already) is also in the watch area.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Just extended the tornado watch another 100 miles south/southwest.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Just as I posted that it was sunny, it went away. The storm came in. Nickel-size hail, strong winds, and pouring rain. That's gone but the sky to the west looks nasty.

12. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Uh, that's how the Weather Channel works. Little Town, USA isn't going to get mentioned in a routine weather rundown.

And don't worry, Cantore is here this week. June 1 starts hurricane season!

Draft saved Draft deleted