1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More TV folks trying to. String together. A complete sentence.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Killick, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You mean most TV station websites? It's what happens all over the country and it's not an isolated incident. BTW, the stations don't care because as long as the unwashed masses still click on a story, which they can't understand anyway, it still brings in ad revenue.

2. lesboulez

lesboulez Member

hulk smash.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

They're making a concerted effort to be forward-thinking regarding the internet. It's meant a pretty massive investment, and it's traditionally a very conservative company. The flip side, of course, is that we still don't make any money on the internet. Which leads me to this:

Well, no, it really doesn't bring ad revenue... which is why so many stations blow it off. Newspapers have generally put a far greater emphasis on their websites. How's that working out?

It seems to me it makes sense to either really do it right and hope it pays off long-term, or assume it's financially a waste of time and save your energy for the stuff that pays the bills. I like our strategy more, but there are times when it feels like it's hurting the TV product, and it's the TV product that pays for everything.

Draft saved Draft deleted