1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More trouble for UCF, George O'Leary

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 7, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-brandon-davis-ucf-120708,0,5966175.story

Given the problems UCF and O'Leary have already had with players being overworked, this has to have them squirming on the east side of Orlando.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The more I hear these stories, the more I reall wish he would have been able to stay at Notre Dame.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

This guy has proven to be nothing but an absolute scumbag during the past year. He's actually giving people real-life reasons to forget about his Notre Dame incident.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

The last year? Hmm ... Methinks this is a pattern of coaching behavior that goes back much further than that.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

You're probably right, but I've only paid attention to him in the past 18 months or so.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Not trying to be cryptic, but Google the name Dustin Vaitekunas and see what comes up ...

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

Holy.
    Shit.

Thanks for the heads up. One of those stories to talk about w/ my father in law, a huge Tech fan.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's an old story. I'm certain we've discussed that on here before when O'Leary's name has come up.

Not that it excuses his behavior. Just pointing out that the story should be common knowledge to anybody who covers college ball.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Exactly.. some amazing shit there

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

I didn't know about it.
    And sometimes "old news" gets forgotten about over the course of eight years. No reason to chide him for posting.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm not chiding him for posting it but there's no reason to by cryptic about it.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I didn't know the story either.

Draft saved Draft deleted