1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Than Meets The Eye

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, May 20, 2007.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Yeah, well, call me Raymond Babbitt, then.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Should they really have Jazz since Scatman Crouthers is no longer around?

Also, is it just me, or does the TV commercial give the appearance that all the Transformers are trying to take over the Earth?

3. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I remember in some Transformers movie some 20+ years ago, Bumblebee swore in the movie.

He instantly skyrocketed to the top of the list for me. Never mind he was a yellow beetle, he said 'Shit!' in a cartoon!

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ha. I'd forgotten he did the voice. Not sure they will have enough "character development" time to do much interesting with Jazz anyway.

I think there will be lots of nods to the fans of the original comic and cartoon, including the same voice for Optimus Prime and using the old transformation sound effect (It was in the yahoo trailer...didn't sound right, kind of tacked-on, but maybe they are still doing sound mixing).

5. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Not having Jazz in the movie would basically be the equivalent of not having Storm in an X-Men movie. He's an OG. I was sorta hoping for Wheeljack but maybe we'll get him in the sequel.

6. outofplace

I'd rather have Wheeljack. Or the one that was a police car (Prowl?) Got to have a jerk on the team.

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Well Barricade is a Saleen Mustang police car for the Decepticons which is just odd since Barricade was part of the race track team (F-1 vehicle). Lame!

You need Jazz but at the same time there are so many originals from G1 in the Autobot circle that it must have been tough to decide who got in. IMO Ironhide, Jazz, Optimus, and BumbleBee are musts. I would have liked to seen Prowl or Wheeljack instead of Ratchet, but if that would have happened, the autobots would have had a drastic size difference compared to the huge Decepticons.

8. outofplace

I understand Ratchet, though. They focused quite a bit on him in the original stories, including a weird rivalry with Megatron. Man, I remember way too much of this shit. Comes from having every issue of the original 80-issue series in a box somewhere.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You just have that effect on women, hb.

Draft saved Draft deleted