1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Than Meets The Eye

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, May 20, 2007.

1. I am pumped. Took the kid to see Shrek today and saw a trailer for The Transformers.

Holy Fucking Shit does this look like a kick-ass movie, which is amazing because I don't usually go for the summer blockbusters (haven't even seen Spidy or PofC 2 yet and they're about to release threequels).

But watching The Transformers trailer brought back memories from 20 years ago playing Transformers on the carpet with my little brother ...

I haven't been this excited about a movie since Batman (the first one.)

2. What's the bad guy's name again?

[​IMG]

3. Megatron. Hugo Weaving is doing the voice.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's a Michael Bay movie, so there's a real good chance it's going to suck to high heaven..

It's like getting a chance to hook up with the hottest girl in high school only to find out that she's a nun.

5. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

fixed.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Forgot about him doing the voice....I can definitely picture that.

Yahoo had another trailer a few days ago. The link is below. Also some good pictures to see what the Transformers look like.

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/transformers.html

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

America has, for the last 25 years, yearned for a Transformers vs. Gobots movie. The prophecy cannot be completed until this happens.

8. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I always liked the Gobots better.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i miss write-brained already. i think his presence will be missed on this board.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ok, even I wouldn't go see that. And I bought the original Transformers vs. G.I. Joe miniseries back in the '80s.

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

At first I was very suspect on this but after seeing the various TV spots, Shrek trailer, PoTC trailer and the new online trailer along with what seems thousands of pictures; I believe it'll be good.

The only problems I had (initially) were Bumblebee being a huge player (he's a camaro for crying out loud, though that's along story as VW didn't want the bug represented as a war machine), Jazz being smaller than BB, Starscream having chicken legs, and some other stuff (no Ark or Teletran-1).

/Transformer.nerd

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

So, does this mean I'll be able to put all my old Transformers on ebay and make a killing now?

Draft saved Draft deleted