1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Tasing Needed?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CarlSpackler, May 18, 2010.

1. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Surprised that no one has posted this yet, and I'm not sure if it's news or a journalism topic. Perhaps someone else had the same dilemma and suffered an aneurysm rendering them unable to start the thread.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5198646

Anyhow, what's everyone's take on Montreal Gazette writer Pat Hickey having his car vandalized by Flyer fans? Has anyone else on here had a similar experience?

Personally I was impressed by the restraint he showed by basically saying "Fans act like idiots everywhere, unfortunately." Restraint is not necessarily a trait displayed in all branches of the Hickey family. (That joke is at my expense).

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

"Fans act like idiots everywhere, unfortunately, Philly fans are the biggest lunatics on the planet."

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Don't even compare to Montreal fans. They win a game, they damn near burn the town down.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

No matter who wins that series, the people who will celebrate the victory will come off looking really bad.

The only difference is that Montreal fans seem to pick their spots while (a lot of, not all) Philadelphia fans are assholes right from the word go and then turn it up to 11.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The only thing comparable I can offer from a personal standpoint is I parked at a regional basketball tournament game 10 years ago and apparently one team's cheerleaders had a cutout to make signs with spray paint next to my car, because I had little flecks of blue paint on the right front fender.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Did you tase her?

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Didn't some drunk idiot Giants fans set an Eagles' fan's car on fire in the Gians Stadium parking lot a few years ago?

Draft saved Draft deleted