1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More StoopTweetidty

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Piotr Rasputin, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Dan Feldman

Dan Feldman Member

Do you really think people never have legitimate reasons to hate someone? That people hate only for childish and immature reasons?

As far as I know, his tweet was stupid only because it would surely get him in trouble -- not because what he said was wrong or unfair. It may have been both those things, but I've seen no evidence of that.

I would hope more journalists would take the trouble to weigh whether a statement like that came from a sincere place and contained valid feelings, rather than blindly calling it stupid because it falls outside the boundaries some coach set up.

As far as your press conference/Twitter concern, I'm curious whether you'd think it would have been less or equally stupid had he said the same thing to a media member unprompted.

2. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Urban Meyer joins the ranks of coaches banning his players from Twitter:

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/01/03/urban-meyer-has-banned-ohio-state-football-players-from-twitter-and-darren-rovell-is-upset/

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Because we all know Twitter led to the downfall of Jim Tressel and this year's abomination of a season for tOSU.

Draft saved Draft deleted