1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More sobering news. I need a beer . . .

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by thereligiouswrong, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

My mom told me I could do whatever I wanted. I told her newspapers and she called me a "fucking idiot." After two layoffs, I figured she was right all along.

2. Kamaki

Kamaki Member

As depressing as this thread is, think of the possibilities when we're all out of work.

I already have my exit strategy ... I'm moving somewhere warm (Rio, southern France, Australia), I'm going to work in a bar, and despite my 37 years and graying temples I'm going to decimate as many girls of a legal age as I can before I die.

3. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I'm sorry. But I can't get past the word "decimate." Tell the fraternity brothers I said hi.

I'm already in exit mode, and I can tell you that there is only so much Youtube video, only so many Scrabble games, that a person can play.

4. Kamaki

Kamaki Member

The fraternity brothers say Hi back.

5. Parents are almost always right. That's why it's a good thing to ask and listen to them. I know I trust mine for advice. Always have and they've never led me down the wrong path, although I've chosen a few wrong paths on my own.

Draft saved Draft deleted