1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More senseless gun violence

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smash Williams, May 9, 2009.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Of course, because everyone made Joe Horn out to be a hero for shooting some burglars in the back, some people think you don't need to be in any real danger to shoot somebody.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

They've executed 13 people so far here in Texas this year.

Long live the death penalty.

Go thru your appeals, and if you fail with them ... see ya.

To quote several posters on this board, "I loves me some death penalty."

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

just as long as we save a few guns for a few firing squads, we're all good.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Moral of the story: don't go off roading. Off road rage is even more dangerous than road rage.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I figured you guys were stereotyping until I read the second half of the story:

From the AP story...
    The Houston Chronicle reported that suspects live in a small house on stilts with a rebel flag flying from the roof. A sign posted out front reads: "Trespassers will be shot. Survivers will be reshot!! Smile I will."

Me again...
    Or how disturbing is the part describing the wife taking the first shot, and then handing the gun to her hubby so he could take a shot?

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'd be surprised if this couple gets convicted. There was the case of Joe Horn, not long ago, who shot two criminals breaking into his neighbor's house, and nothing happened to him.

Not saying I agree with the "castle" law, but I know a lot of people here are much more grateful for being able to shoot a possible intruder BEFORE they successfully break into the house.

7. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Except they shot at people NOT on their property. What part of that is covered under the castle law?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

would seem to me... none.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Really? War, cops etc.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yes, police and soldiers. People who actually should be allowed to have guns.
    As opposed to backwoods hicks with IQs below that of a carrot.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You're so gonna hear from the carrot lobby.

12. Was drugs or alcohol a factor?

Draft saved Draft deleted