1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More reason to walk all over Chris Berman...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, May 21, 2010.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Posting this on the entertainment board, as clearly SJ fave Chris Berman is no longer worthy of the sports or the journalism board...

He's getting his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame...

http://www.laobserved.com/archive/2010/05/hollywood_star_for_chris.php

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How close is the nearest leather shop?

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He joins an esteemed list that includes David Spade, Judge Judy, Vanna White, The Olson Twins and the Rugrats. Congrats to him.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Seacrest has one as well.

I've heard Berman has gained back all the weight he's lost and then some. Can anyone confirm?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Did Berman pay the $25,000 fee to buy a star out of his own pocket or did ESPN pony up?

6. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I've always found it damn hilarious that he went from advertising Nutrisystem to advertising Applebee's.

7. Mizzougrad96

His ESPN contract is up very soon. Has he signed a new deal yet?

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Let's hope not.

9. Mizzougrad96

I remember hearing that either the NFL Network or MLB Network was offering him huge $$$ to lure him away. Maybe his agent leaked it.

He's a dreadful human being. I have a close friend who used to work at ESPN back in the late 1990s and it's safe to say that the worst stories that are out there about him are being too kind.

10. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

He was an absolute dick to me at Super Bowl media day. I got stuck doing the "media circus" story for our news front and I figured "Eh, he's a big name, common folk will at least recognize the name." Approached him for just a really quick, minute interview, just one quote and he was all "No, I'm too busy. I'm working here too, you know." At the time, his idea of "working" consisted of drinking a powerade, leaning against a partition and watching the crowd walk by.

As for the weight thing, he looked good that week. Of course, that was almost four months ago.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Why would MLB Network want a guy who knows nothing about basbeall and is a arrogant blowhard?
    He belongs on NFL Network...because I never watch it.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes, he has re-signed with ESPN. Jim Gray got a star a few years back.

Draft saved Draft deleted