1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More proof the French hate hygiene: Armstrong's shower lands him in hot water

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Apr 9, 2009.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Now of course we all know Lance Armstrong is a fraud, but good Tebow the French are looking like fools:

http://velonews.com/article/90386/the-french-anti-doping-agency-says-the-uci-confirms-it-has

As an aside...who do you have in your office pool for this weekend's Paris-Roubaix? I'm going with my boy big George Hincapie from San Luis Obispo's own Columbia/High Road!

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The French are only looking like fools for letting Armstrong leave the room in violation of the rules.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They're simply outraged anyone would take a) more than 15 seconds to take a shower, or b) more than one every six months.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Good Tebow... will they give it a rest?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm utterly convinced Armstrong dopes, just like everyone else on the major cycling tours.

And I'm utterly convinced the Frogs are unequivocally out to get him. Since they've been at it for 10+ years and haven't been able to get anything to stick, they must be totally goddamn incompetent.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Is deeply offended by that last remark.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I think I believe teh same thing, but everybodyfreakingelse has gotten caught at some point--from major guys to hacks. Either he is doing a great job of covering it up (which he could be) or he's not doping.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Like you, Starman, I also think Armstrong dopes.

But "frogs"? What the fuck? It seems no one else of any other nationality has caught him either, so I guess the entire system is incompetent, which it might very well be.

9. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

Lance is a cyclist.

This is all.

Also France, some god-awful ghettos aside, is a nice place.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If he's doping, why would he have even considered coming back? Wouldn't he possibly have taken the I-got-away-with-it-so-let's-get-out-before-I'm-outed mentality if he was doping?

Just some food for thought. Then again, maybe he is that arrogant.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I think he is that arrogant.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

He might be. If this doesn't further fuel Lance's dislike of many things French except the race itself ...

Draft saved Draft deleted