1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

more prayers for wayne

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Aug 1, 2008.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

please, SportsJournalists.com friends. my lifelong best bud wayne is back in the hospital, fighting to stave off rejection of his second kidney transplant last month, assome may recall.

he's not in dire straits, but he, his wife and two girls can't handle much more of this wear and tear. it's been awful.

they're giving him dialysis-type treatments designed to help his body adjust, but they haven't yet done the trick. guess they want him in the hospital to be monitored more carefully.

sigh. what a summer in hell it's been for him. nothing i can do except feel helpless. thanks for listening.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear it Shockey.
    Here's to hoping that he pulls through and has a speedy and safe recovery.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Keep your head up, buddy.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Hope your friend gets better, my uncle had a kidney transplant not long ago, the doc told me it is a very trying process.
    Shockey, I will keep a good thought for your friend, stay strong.

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

Hang in there, Shock. My best to your buddy.

6. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Oh, shockey, so sorry. Sending strength.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I send best wishes, Shock, but I don't think you want me to pray on this one. Lately, anything I pray for turns to shit. Don't have the Big Man's ear of late, it appears.

But I'm sure your prayers are going right through. At least I hope so. Keep us updated, will ya? Until then, the fact that you're there for your friend means more than anything you could imagine to your friend. Good man.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Oh Shockey, I am so sorry to hear this news and I hope and pray they can adjust Wayne's meds to stave off rejection. Please keep us posted. Hang in there.

Draft saved Draft deleted