1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More pay...terrible product

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by flexmaster33, Jun 1, 2011.

1. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Wow...I used to enjoy watching Adam Bjarnson's sports shows in the area (Portland market)...thought he did a nice job with the Sunday Night local half-hour show.

Blazers picked him up for their sports "network" and now he's putting out a pile of poo...here's a link. ughh. I'm sure he's being paid much, much more for it though.

Adam And Casey: June 1st, 2011...(Adam's on the right...no idea who the web blogger bozo on the left is)

2. flexmaster33

Sad to see a guy with some talent sink to this...Blazers' organization is notorious for its inside politics...careful what you say or Paul Allen will fire you quick...see the revolving door of GMs lately.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Didn't realize he'd left KGW - I'm sure there are people out this way who can't get enough Blazer coverage, but really, with an interim GM, the Oden, Rudy, and Andre Miller situations cloudy, a potential lockout, the team, like the owner, is adrift.

I still remember when they signed Jim Jackson and local media were calling it the "biggest signing in team history."

4. flexmaster33

Yes, this video comes off like he's feeling forced to say the Blazers won't bungle the draft yet again...although everyone knows it's going to happen. Either the Blazers' ship is rudderless or Captain Allen is driving the boat blind-folded :)

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The only way to bungle this draft is to trade for more picks. It's a bad draft - better to trade a pick for another one next year.

Draft saved Draft deleted