1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More painful: Kick in the nuts or childbirth?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, Feb 23, 2007.

1. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

Here's a take from the frequently "kidney stoned" group:

Painkillers can, for the most part, supress the pains of child birth.

However, I've had many episodes of stones where even the strongest stuff at the ER, like fentanyl, did not work.

I think that ends the discussion.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I've experienced two births. (I have to be careful because my wife is reading over my shoulder).

Let's just say that I jokingly tell people that giving birth is overrated as a painful experience. My first-born daughter popped out on her own. My wife had no clue she was coming out. Then my son was coming out pretty fast, and they actually had to tell my wife to stop pushing.

I'm going with a PK to the nuts as more painful.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

It's amazing how the childbirth experience is different for everyone. Different pain thresholds, different doctors.... Some women walk around 2 cm dilated for a couple of weeks and don't even feel it. Others are screaming at .5 cm.

My OB lets his patients get the meds when they're 2 cm dilated. Most wait until the patient is 4+ cm. (The goal is to get to 10 cm.) I once overheard an L&D nurse say, incredulous, "She's 4 cm. She says the pain's unbearable, and he won't let her have the epidural yet."

Screw that doctor. ;D

4. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

How can the line of thinking, women willingly give birth and men would never willingly get kicked in the balls get used? Women willingly give birth, and unless you really don't like children, there is some benefit to that pain. No good comes out of getting kicked in the balls, at least not for the guy getting kicked.

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Ohh, and Dwyane Wade says it's neither, it's separating your shoulder... a wheelchair?? Really??

6. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

The temporary pain of childbirth vs. a lifetime of bailing you (any lady) out every time you act like a fraidy-cat around bugs: Push.

Never understood that dichotomy: So brave during childbirth, so frightened over a lil' spider.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

If you watch the Jackass 2 DVD with the deleted scenes, there is one called the "Ball Bookmark"

This guy puts his nuts on page 600 of a dictionary, and Wee-Man slams the book shut, on his nuts, as hard as he can.

I imagine that childbirth sucks. But a ball bookmark has to at least give it a run for its money.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Two words: Butterflied penis.

10. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

As someone who has separated a shoulder, I can tell you the pain was so bad I nearly passed out. It's damn-near impossible to walk on your own when you're in that type of pain and you can't have two people propping you up under your arms. A wheelchair is perfectly acceptable.

Draft saved Draft deleted