1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More painful: Kick in the nuts or childbirth?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, Feb 23, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No doubt, childbirth wins. The only kick I've ever taken to the nuts was by my 3-year-old. It was still bad, but not a full on nasty. I have taken a lacrosse ball to the nether regions.

But no way that hurt the way my wife was hurting giving birth.

And sportschick is partially right. Men as we are would not be able to handle childbirth. But if we were the ones bearing children, we'd be the ones given the capacity to do so. Call it the grand plan or just nature.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So I guess if I get married and my wife goes into labor, I should let her kick me in the nads. Seems only right. Course, if I'm married and fathering a human being, then there's a lot more problems in the world than my ding-dong injury.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Once had a stupid fucking attackman samurai sword the tip of my dick. Only time I've cried on a playing field.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And this is why you don't play Calvinball with people with vivid imaginations.

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

At least then I could have made up my own rules and done whatever I wanted to get back at him. Oh wait, I did. Lacrosse is a beautiful game. When else is it legal to hit someone with a six-foot long metal pole?

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I was told that too while my gall bladder was repaying me for the fast food, and for my family's history of gall bladder issues. Can't say I'll bring it up to a pregnant lady ever, but the great pain I felt from that damn thing certainly scared the hell out of my wife.

Usually the only lingering issue from the nut shot is pride (though a high school friend of my brother's lost a testicle after falling while doing the high hurdles in a track meet. We joked to his girlfriend that she should verify the rumors for us, but she was 15 and he was the first guy she ever slept with, so she said she couldn't tell. She was kind of a dunce).

The act of childbirth lasts a long time; labor can last for many hours. Things heal up afterwards, but labor doesn't go away because you took a deep breath and crouched for a minute.

We should answer this question. Next guy on SportsJournalists.com whose wife is pregnant, have someone kick you in the nuts right when her labor starts, and see whose pain goes away quicker.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Sportschick's post reminded me of something a Catholic woman I know said years ago: If men could have babies, abortion would be a sacrament.

8. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Man knows of what he speaks.

Senior year of high school, 1:30 in the morning, after having puked enough for three people, laying on the front porch in agony, feeling as if an extraterrestrial being is going to burst out of my abdomen a la Alien, wishing the Lord would take me now as my mother is on the phone inside, awaiting approval from the fucking insurance company to take me to an ER.

Would have traded that for a swift kick to the groin in a heartbeat.

9. Marvin

Marvin Active Member

As bad as my appendicitis was, and trust me it was really, really bad, my first kidney stone was worse. My second kidney stone, which was nowhere near as bad, my girlfriend answered the door for the paramedics and said, "He's in there, I think he's dying."

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

My mom's secretary has had both, kidney stones and childbirth. She says the stones are worse.

However, I once read an article that says a chemical is released during childbirth... it's like an "amnesia hormone"... and a reaction occurs that makes the woman "forget" the pain. If this biochemical reaction didn't occur, supposedly nobody would do it more than once.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Surprised no guy has yet mentioned catching the frank and/or beans with your zipper. Until you get free, you're almost praying for death because of the combination of pain and utter vulnerability.

Draft saved Draft deleted