1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More painful: Kick in the nuts or childbirth?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I think if the nut sack was ripped...

And that tear could be graded, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3-- as it is in childbirth...

Now we've levelled the playing field, as it were.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Dude... mere kidney stones are more painful, for much longer duration than a nutcracker.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Ahhh yes.... the Josias Manzanillo special.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well, as someone who has endured both...

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

C) Sitting next to two SportsJournalists.com members for the last four weeks days at this basketball tournament.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Given the choice no man wants to get kicked in the nuts, but women having been giving birth, willingly, for 100 million years.

7. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I've had my nuts kicked once or twice and I broke my kneecap once. I'd take a nut-kicking way before a kneecap breaking. And no, I didn't owe Vito and the boys too much vig.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If men were responsible for giving birth, the species would have died out ages ago. Y'all are buncha wusses who couldn't deal with the pain of childbirth, esp. the "natural" kind that was the only option for a few millenia.

9. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I would submit that reading Sportsbruh's posts is more painful than either.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

AND...if the rip extended from the sac all the way to the rectum....while a room full of people shrieked 'it's okay! You're doing great!'....

On the other hand, guys don't get an epidural or a morphine drip right before they get slammed in the balls. And they don't get to take home a baby, and they don't get flowers and presents. And women still want to have more babies after the first one....not too many men want to get slammed in the balls again.

So who knows. Might be a tie.

11. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

I have seen the childbirth rip during birth. Live and in Technicolor. I been hit playing sports more than a few times. Women get my vote, and it's not even close.

That said, kidney stones are on a different level. Ask someone who has given birth and had stones.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I've witness four childbirths.

Nut-kicking, even with an epidural, wouldn't come close.

And I'm not even taking into consideration that a nut-kicking doesn't come with nine months of hormones, all levels of mental and physical discomfort, and dragging around a leaden burlap sack squishing your bladder.

Draft saved Draft deleted