1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More on changes at "24"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hiro, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Hiro

Hiro Member

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/21/television.24.reut/index.html

As a big fan of the show (and I know I'm not alone) I'm excited about this season. Not sure how this news affects that. I know it's supposed to be a BIG change from last season, and I wonder if it's the action equivalent of adding a cute young cousin the the household.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I loathe Janeane Garofalo.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Putting Garofalo on 24 is like putting Ann Coulter on Queer is Folk or Will & Grace...

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I always thought one requirement for a comedian was that you had to be, you know, funny.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Not a big fan of Janeane but then the last season sucked big time. They had to something.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll torture her for 24 hours to drive up the righty ratings. Keep your fingers crossed.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That picture and those glasses do nothing good at all for her.

Before she (and I) became real political, I could see her as kind of cute in a tomboyish way. That picture ruined all those thoughts.

And she was really -- and I mean REALLY! -- annoying as Jerry's one-episode fiance on Seinfeld.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Which was sort of the point, dude.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Not really a fan of her either, but it all depends on what her role is. Is she just going to be a different person acting like the annoying Chloe? Is she going to be doing something? I just hope they don't make her play the role of some crazy far out lefty.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Calling 24 "conservative-leaning" is like saying I lean towards brevity in the sack.

It completely understates the point.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If you'd read the link, then you'd know ...

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Dick Cheney has sound countless times that it's his favorite show...

Here's to hoping that Jack tortures and kills Garofalo's character in the first episode...

Draft saved Draft deleted