1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More NY/NJ advice needed ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, May 13, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I drink at whatever bar has the bowling alley attached.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The logical would be to do what others suggest... drive to the stadium, park there (or in Manhattan) and then deal with the traffic getting out.

If you want to do the Park-Ride thing, you might be best coming into NJ via the Lincoln Tunnel and finding a bus stop in Secaucus off Route 3, catch the bus to the Secaucus Train Station and take the train one stop into Penn Station in Manhattan. Then its a subway ride up to the stadium (take the 1 to 59th Street and then switch to the D)
    For the bus schedule, look here: http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T1124.pdf

Or if you want to do the insane you could drive to Hamilton,NJ (about an hour north of Philly, an hour-15/hour-and-a-half south of NYC), spend $5 to park at the train station, another $21 on the NJ Transit roundtrip ticket and train up to the city, then catch the subway up to the stadium.
    Then make a trip from Philly up to Trenton the next night and catch the Yankees' AA farm team, the Trenton Thunder in action.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Take a limo, and go to Boom's favorite place to pick up women:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

the red x? LOL

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Really?? Damn. I can see it perfectly: Stan's with a limo parked out in front. Lemme look into this.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Firefox eliminates the Red X in favor of a blank white space.

I thought you were suggesting Boom picks his women up chasing seal hunters in the Great White North, and in this instance, he was stuck in a whiteout.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I would not park in Jersey - You can park by stadium but with construction of new stadium parking has gotten a little tight so you need to get there early. For Day game you'll be leaving stadium at rush hour so it takes a while.

Other option would be to park in Manhattan - suggest Holiday Inn Lot on 57th between 10th and 11 th ave. $10 for the day. You can get on 57th right off west side hghy .

Then walk over to Columbus Circle 59th and 7th and take B or D train to stadium- 20-25 minutes

[​IMG]

8. Bubbler

Fucking A. That's reasonable. What are the chances of the lot filling up?

9. Boom_70

There's always a first but I've never had a problem. Worst case there are plenty of garages in that area - albiet more expensive.

Here is link to hotel : http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/nycup?&firstpoint=dcb2&cm_mmc=mdpr-_-yellowpages-_-hi-_-nycup

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That's actually a much better plan that parking in NJ. Relatively close to a subway that is a quick straight shot. May even be closer to 15 minutes if you catch the train immediately. Whole plan is good except Stan's. I hear only cheap women hang out in there.

11. Bubbler

My first trip to Yankee Stadium and the closest I'll ever be to Suzyn Waldman. I'm glad my kids will be with me for the greatest day of my life.

12. Boom_70

cheap women and oil traders

Draft saved Draft deleted